We choose the Shabby Chic theme for my daughters 7th Birthday party because one of her favourite shops to poke around in was a French Antiques store. She could spend hours there looking at their treasures. A lot of people commented that it was quite sophisticated for a 7 year olds birthday party but it was a great success. Because of that this theme will work just as well for an adults birthday party or a wedding or baby shower.
Blue, Ink, Lilac and Cream.
- Iced sugar cookies
- Hydrangea cup cakes
- Dainty sandwiches
- Shabby Chic Cake
- Tissue pom poms
- Ripped fabric strips co-ordinating colors but a nice mix and match of patterns
- Thrift shop finds such as old books, Grandmas tea cups and any antique vases or jars
- Shabby distressed picture frames
- Masson Jars
- Shabby Chic Birthday Banner
- Use stamps with vintage designs such as flure de lies, old keys and birdcages. Stamp onto brown craft paper with black ink
- Crape paper rose topiary
This was a children’s party so the games and activities were geared for younger people. We did a cup-cake icing class. Now of course that depends if you’re a dap hand at this but really the kids just enjoyed giving it a go. They each went home with cup-cakes they’d iced themselves.
Favour Bags and Party Favours
With the Shabby Chic theme you can have lots of fun with this. We used plain brown paper bags and we decorated with Printable Party Ideas Luggage Tags and Circle Labels with the guests name, tied on with some jute twine. You could use calico bags also. Fill the bags with floral themed swaps or transfers, travel sized soaps, moisturisers or shampoos. We found most of these at $2 shops and emporiums. We also sent all the guests home with a pretty home made Shabby Chic head band to wear.